The OkACTE Guidance Division enhances the career development of all individuals by providing all students with a solid foundation for making educational and career choices.
This organization disseminates information about guidance, identifies the importance of a comprehensive guidance system, strengthens working relationships among all guidance professionals, develops and maintains communications, encourages the promotion of Career and Technical Student Organizations and the support of both state and federal career guidance legislation issues and has developed high professional standards among its membership.
2013 Career Poetry and Poster Contest
The OkACTE Guidance Division and the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education are sponsoring the 2013 annual state Career Poster and Poetry Contest. This year's theme is "Charting the Course for the Second Century." Moving forward from the centennial anniversary, the National Career Development Association (NCDA) begins the second century of promoting careers in minds and hearts across the nation. Be sure to promote this awesome contest in your district!
Each school is eligible to submit their 1st, 2nd and 3rd place entries in each of the six divisions. Small cash prizes are awarded to state winners. Entries must be postmarked by Thursday, December 5, 2013. The applications are below. Please contact Kelly Arrington, OkACTE Guidance Advisor at 405.743.5159 or email if you have questions.
Eligibility: There are six divisions: Primary (grades K-2); Intermediate (grades 3-5); Middle Grades (grades 6-8), Senior (grades 9-12) Adult Student (enrolled in school), and Open Adult (18 and older, not enrolled in school. Each school is eligible to submit three entries per category. Posters must be postmarked by December 5, 2013.
OkACTE Guidance Executive Committee Officer List
- Division Advisor
- Kelly Arrington, ODCTE, (405) 743-5159
- Daralyn Loveless, Western Heights High School, (405) 350-3439
- Vice President
- Becky Trent, Western Technology Center, (580) 928-2097, x2115
- President Elect
- Debra Booth, Canadian Valley Technology Center, (405) 345-3333
- Past President
- Diana Plummer, Central Tech, (918) 224-9300
- Karen Thomas, Choctaw Nation Career Development, (866) 933-2260 ext 2609
- Yumi Davis, Moore Norman Technology Center, (405) 364-5763 ext. 4103
- Sonya Gore, Canadian Valley Technology Center, (405) 422-2208
- CTAC Representative
- Jan Bell, Tulsa Technology Center, (918) 828-5000